I’ve been very busy recently, running around between work, evening course and blogging activities. Luckily I have a number of recipes sitting and waiting to be posted, which is very helpful. This anti-inflammatory chicken burgers (aka patties) recipe is one of the oldest ones I have and I find myself making it often during hectic times… If you have a busy schedule you have to think how to squeeze in one more important activity into it, which is to combat free radicals. Indeed, stress from a hectic lifestyle triggers excessive oxidative stress, where imbalance occurs between production of free radicals and ability of the body to detoxify their harmful effects. Stress increases inflammation and oxidation in the body, therefore increased consumption of anti-inflammatory foods is advisable to mitigate its harmful effects.
As my reader, you probably know that my favorite flavors are citrus, turmeric and ginger. I find them very versatile and use a lot in my kitchen. Turmeric and ginger both have powerful anti-inflammatory properties (as a sufferer of unidentified musculoskeletal aches and pains I tend to consume these spices quite a bit) and citrus flavor is the one that makes everything taste refreshing!
- Preheat the oven to 390F.
- Pulse the onion in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the ground chicken, ground ginger, turmeric powder, lemon juice and zest, mint leaves and the salt and process everything together.
- Lastly add the coconut flour and process until well incorporated.
- Form meatballs, arrange them in a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes
**You can increase lemon zest to 2 tablespoons for a more distinct citrusy flavor.
***Any aromatic herbs can be used (cilantro, basil, parsley, etc.).